Volume : 3, Issue : 3, JUL 2019
ANALYSIS OF LIBRARY SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Neeraj Kumar Singh
The research in LIS in the past was considered primarily to provide a theoretical foundation to professional practice. The roots of research in LIS profession appears to be not very deep. Research in library science during the Twentieth Century in the areas of LIS can be traced to the Library School of the University of Chicago, in mid-1920s. The visionary efforts of the Chicago School bore abundant fruit and offered leadership to the world in library science research (Shera 1976). The pace of library research is picking up everywhere today due to social pressure, as well as, inspiration. In justifying the programme in profession, it has been urged that “if librarianship aspires to become a profession, it should depend upon research to develop its knowledge base and its theoretical framework” (Wilkinson 1983).
library science, library information, technology, library development.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 32
Number of Downloads : 0
- Sharma, C.K.” Colleges and the Uttar Pradesh: A Survey”. International Library Progress, 1997.
- "Methods of evaluating reference service". Lib. jour. 67:296-8; Christ "Recording reference work". Col. and research lib. 58, 1992; pp. 27-37.
- Turock, B.J. “Organisation factors in multitype library networking”. Lib. & Inf. Sc. Reasearch. 6(4) p.341-76.
- University Handbook.
- ” College and University libraries”. New Delhi; UGC; p. 21-22 (Chariman ; S.R. Ranganthan)
- UP University Act and Status.
- Vishwanath, T. and Jayshri, Raghvan. “MALIBNET, a library network for Madras”. Annals of Lib. Sc. & Doc. 41, 1994; pp.1-7.
- Wahi, P.N.” Economic recession and its impact on libraries and their services”. ILA procgs. 2002; 111-117.
- "Essentials in the training of university librarians." Col. And research lib. 1:17.
- Wilson and Tauber. "Staff manuals in college and university libraries." Col and research lib. 2 :128.
- "The college librarian and the teaching staff”. A.L.A. bull. 29:182.
- Yadav, S.K”. Cataloguing and computer networking in libraries”. NewDelhi; Shree Publishers., 2004; p.137-149.