Volume : 3, Issue : 3, JUL 2019
ANALYSIS OF SOFTWARE METRICS AND SOFTWARE TOOLS
Accurate measurement is a prerequisite for all engineering disciplines, and software engineering is not an exclusion. For decades seek engineers and researchers to express features of software with numbers in order to make easy software quality assessment. A large body of software quality metrics have been developed, and various tools exist to collect metrics from program representations. This large variety of tools allows a user to select the tool best suited, e.g., depending on its managing, tool support, cost. Conversely, this assumes Permission to make digital or hard copies of all or part of this work for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear this notice and the full citation on the first page.
Software metrics, Software measurement tools, Software projects, Design, Software quality.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 19
Number of Downloads : 0
- Gupta, “Object-Oriented Static and Dynamic Metrics for Design and Complexity”, Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Computer Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, India, pp. 1 -30. (references) Available: http://www.nitkkr.ac.in/clientFiles/FILE_REPO/2012/MAY/12/1336804909539/varun_co-phd.pdf viewed on 30th June, 2016.
- Serban, “Metrics in Software Assessment”, Ph.D. dissertation, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Babes-Bolyai University,Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2012, pp. 1 -36. (references)
- B. Klasky, “A Study of Software Metrics”, M.S. thesis, Graduate Program in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Graduate School-New Brunswick, Rutgers. The State University of New Jersey, May, 2003, pp. 1 -50. (references) Available: http://www.cac.rutgers.edu/TASSL/Thesis/Hilda_Thesis.pdf. (references)Viewed on 30th June 2016.
- Moser, “Measurement and Estimation of Software Processes”, PhD Thesis, University of Berne, Switzerland, pp. 1 -31, November, 1996. Available: http://scg.unibe.ch/archive/phd/moser-phd.pdf viewed on 30th June, 2016. (references)
- H. Rosenberg and L.E. Hyatt, “Software quality metrics for object-oriented environments”, Crosstalk Journal, vol. 10, no. 4, pp.1 -6, 1997.
- M. Bouwers, “Metric-based Evaluation of Implemented Software Architectures”, M.S. thesis, Department of Computer Science, University of Delft, Rijswijk, 2013, pp. 1 - 195. Available: http://www.st.ewi.tudelft.nl/~arie/phds/Bouwers.pdf , viewed on 30th June, 2016. (references)
- Hall and N. Fenton, “Implementing effective software metrics programs”, IEEE Software, pp. 55 – 64, April 1997.
- Catal and B. Diri, “A systematic review of software fault prediction studies”, Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 7346 – 7354, May, 2009.
- K. Singh, O.P. Sangwan, A.P. Singh, and A. Pratap, “An assessment of software testability using fuzzy logic technique for aspect oriented software”, International Journal of Information Technlogy and Computer Science, vol. 3, pp. 18 - 26, February, 2015.
- Azuma, “Automation technology for software development at NTT data”, vol. 12, no. 12. pp. 1 – 8, December, 2014.