Volume : 3, Issue : 3, AUG 2019
DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF FLYWHEEL FOR A PUNCHING MACHINE OPERATION
Sk Suhal, B. Siddeswara Rao, Ramabathina Srinivasulu
A flywheel is an inertial energy-storage device. It absorbs mechanical energy and serves as a reservoir, storing energy during the period when the supply of energy is more than the requirement and releases it during the period when the requirement of energy is more than the supply. The performance of a flywheel can be attributed to three factors, i.e., geometry of flywheel, rotational speed and material strength.
In the present work, a flywheel design problem is formulated for punching machine which has to be make holes of 30 holes/minute on a steel plate of 18mmthickness with space limitation that is the diameter of flywheel should not exceed 1000mm, hence it can be observed that the design of the flywheel is to be carried out (based) on the availability of space limitation and accordingly the fluctuation of energy, and dimensions of the flywheel were determined. The stresses induced in the flywheel were considered for safe design.
fly wheel, punching machine, disk and arm.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 11
Number of Downloads : 0
- Lavakumar, R. Prasannasrinivas, Design and analysis of light weight motor vehicle flywheel, International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) – volume 4 Issue -7 July 2013.
- M. Dhengle, Dr. D. V. Bhope, S. D. Khamankar, Investigation of stresses in arm type rotating flywheel, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST), Vol. 4 No.02 February 2012.
- Rathod Balasaheb S, Satish. M. Rajmane, A Case Study on Design of a Flywheel for Punching Press Operation International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT) ISSN: 2249 – 8958, Volume-3, Issue-4, April 2014.
- Akshay P. Punde, G. K. Gattani, "Analysis of flywheel", "International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER)", Vol.3, Issue.2, March-April. 2013, pp-1097-1099, ISSN: 2249-6645.
- Pagoti Lokesh, Mr. B. Ashok Kumar, "Design and Analysis of Fly Wheel and By Using CATIA and ANSYS Software", "International Journal & Magazine of Engineering Technology, Management and Research", A Peer Reviewed Open Access International Journal, ISSN No: 2348-4845.
- Michael A. Conteh, Emmanuel C. Nsofor, “Composite flywheel material design for high-speed energy storage”, Journal of Applied Research and Technology 14 (2016) 184-190.
- Sushama G Bawane , A P Ninawe and S K Choudhary, Analysis and optimization of flywheel, International Journal of Mechanical engineering and robotics Vol. 1, No. 2, July 2012.
- Sudipta Saha, Abhi Bose, G. Sai Tejesh, S.P. Srikanth, computer aided design & analysis on flywheel for greater efficiency, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, IJAERS/Vol. I/ Issue II/January-March, 2012/299-301.
- Text book of Theory of machines by R.S Khurmi, S. Chandh Publications-2012.
- Text book of Design of Machine Elements by VB.BANDARI, Tata McGraw– Hill publishing company limited-2006.
- Text book of Design of Machine Elements by R.S Khurmi & JK GUPTHA S. Chandh Publications- 2012.