Volume : 4, Issue : 4, APR 2020
DIGITALIZATION OF DEPARTMENT LIBRARY
Vimal M, Mohanraj E
The system can be used to search for all books, search books based on author, search books based on title and reserve books, find out book is in available state or not. The latest technology has change the services of the libraries, as well as the user’s behavior boost up physical to digital to retrieve the information its users and changed the environment of libraries and resource centers. With speedily development of the internet and the WWW services, information exchange and sharing can be changed either by disparate formats or by dynamic channels. The web based services has changed the way of information that is stored and communicated in the libraries. Recent libraries go towards providing their services in a digital environment the enhanced access to library collections is making the use of virtually and more attractive information through resources and services.
digital library, website.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 2
Number of Downloads : 1
- Ali, K. S., and Khan, Khaisar M., (2017, April). Emerging Web Based Technologies for Library and Information Services in the Knowledge Era, National Level Conference on Professionalism in Library and Information Services for User Empowerment: Opportunities and Challenges, Mangalore University, pp. 503-510.
- Arif, M., Ameen, K., & Rafiq, M. (2017). Assessing distance education students satisfaction with web-based services. Online Information Review.
- Fagan .J. C, “The suitability of web analytics key performance indicators in the academic library environment,” The Journal of Academic Librarianship, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 25–34, 2016.
- Fang .W, “Using google analytics for improving library website content and design: A case study,” Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), pp. 1–17, Jun. 2016.
- Fung .D, A Connected Curriculum For Higher Education. London: UCL Press, 2017.
- Horrigan .J. B, “How People Approach Facts and Information”, Pew Research Center, Aug 2017.
- Johnson .J, Teaching at the heart of the system, 2015.
- Mance .H, “Britain has had enough of experts, says Gove”, Financial Times, June 3, 2016.
- Rajkumar. (2018, April 05). Software Architecture: One-Tier, Two-Tier, Three Tier, Tier. Retrieved from Software Testing.
- Rivero J.J, “Making post-truth planning great again: confronting alternative facts in a fractured democracy”, Plan. Theory Pract., vol. 18, no. 3, 2017.
- Sandhu .G, “Re-Envisioning Library and Information Services in the wake of Emerging Trends and Technologies”, in Proc.of the IEEE 4th International Symposium on Emerging Trends and Technologies in Libraries and Information Services, 2015. pp. 153-160.
- Sheppy (2018, January 17). CSS: Cascading Style Sheets. Retrieved from MDN web docs.
- Si, Li., & Ranaweera, R. A. A. S., (2016). Web based library services of university libraries in Sri Lanka: A content analysis. In Proceedings of the paper presented at the Conference on 8th Shanghai International Library Forum, Shanghai, China 06-08 July 2016, p.324-338. Doi: 10.13140/RG.2.1.4225.3047.
- Smith, L. (2018, January 25). What PostgreSQL has over other open source SQL databases.
- Tyagi, S. (2012). Use of Web 2.0 Technology by Library Professionals: Study of Selected Engineering Colleges in Western Uttar Pradesh. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 32(5), 439–446.
- Veer D.K. & Khiste Gajanan P. (2017) Digital Library Output in Scopus during 1995-2016 : A Bibliometric Analysis. International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology, 2(5), Pp.779-784.
- Waldfogel, Joel, and Imke Reimers. 2015. "Storming the Gatekeepers: Digital Disintermedia tion in the Market for Books." Information Economics and Policy.
- Wang .X, Shen .D, Chen .H and Wedman .L, “Applying web analytics in a K-12 resource inventory”, The Electronic Library, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 20-35, 2017.
- Whiten .B and Meunier .B, “UCL Main & Science Libraries: Serving customers at the point of need”, SCONUL Focus, vol. 64, pp. 45-50, 2015.
- Woo .E, “Marshalling a Century of Experience: Customizing Services for the Next Generation of Users” in Customer Service in Academic Libraries: tales from the front line, S. Mossop Ed. Oxford: Chandos, 2016.