Volume : 4, Issue : 4, APR 2020
ONLINE LOGISTICS REGISTRATION
Nitheesh S, Kanmani P
Logistics Management is an effective system for the companies to deliver the goods to the customers at the right place where they demand at the right time with the right cost. The Logistics management comprises the planning, delivering and control of the flow of raw materials and finished goods from the suppliers to the customers. Nowadays most of the companies are enforced to lessen their business expenditures because of the globalization and so the companies are finding ways to reduce the costs without affecting the productivity. This made the way for new goods management techniques like e-logistics which makes the delivery of goods faster and safer. This provides the idea of logistics business into the modern world through the internet and completely changes the concept of simple logistics into e-logistics. It is the most modern technology in the field of logistics which brings the whole business world into a small online e-world which means we can supply goods from the present location to the any other locations. This makes everyone handle goods delivery in the effective manner. Providing customers with the online logistics service system enables the communication between the supplier and the customer in a more effective process. Global competitiveness places more pressure on companies which tend to improve their delivery performance of goods and services to customers and so the e-logistics is developed in this way. In the way to improve the quality of the goods delivery services the companies outsourced the logistics services for delivering the goods in right place in right time. Information technologies like Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), the web, World Wide Web (WWW) and E-Commerce have contributed greatly to improving communication with partners within the logistics chain through the web application.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 8
Number of Downloads : 1
- Aldin, N. and Stahre, F., 2003, “Electronic commerce, marketing channels and logistics platforms – a wholesaler perspective”, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 144, pp. 270-279
- Alshawi, S., 2001, “Logistics in the Internet age: towards a holistic information and processes picture”, Logistics Information Management, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 235-241
- Chiu, H. N., 2012, “The integrated logistics management system: a framework and case study”, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 4-22.
- Delfman, W., Albers, S. and Gehring, M., 2002, “The impact of electronic commerce on logistics service providers”, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 203-222
- Kanagavalli, Ramseena Azeez, “Logistics and E- Logistics Management: Benefits and Challenges”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-8 Issue-4, November 2019.
- Graham, G. and Hardaker, G., 2000, “Supply chain management across the Internet”, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol. 30, Nos. 3/4, pp. 286-295.
- Gudmundsson, S.V. and Walczuck, R., 1999, “The development of electronic markets in logistics”, The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 99-113.
- Gunasekaran, A. and Ngai E. W. T. and T. C. E. Cheng (2007), “Developing an E-logistics System: A case study”, International Journal of Logistics: Research & Applications. Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 333 - 349.
- Leung, L. C., Cheung, W. M. and Van Hui, Y., 2000, “A framework for a logistics e-commerce community network: The Hong Kong air cargo industry”, IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics Part – A Systems and Humans, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 446-455
- Liao, Z. Q. and Cheung, M. T., 2001, “Internet-based e-shopping and consumer attitudes: an empirical study”, Information and Management, Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 299-306.
- Liang-fu, J., Jing-liang, C., & Yong-qin, S. (2010). Website Design for Book Logistics Based on E-commerce. 2010 3rd International Conference on Information Management, Innovation Management and Industrial Engineering
- Lewis and A. Talalayevsky, “Logistics and information technology: A coordination perspective,” J. Bus. Logist., vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 141–157, 1997.
- Rae‐Smith, J. B., & Ellinger, A. E. (2002). Insights from the introduction of an online logistics service system. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 7(1),5–11.i:10.1108/13598540210414346
- Schary, P. B. and Coakley, J., 1991, “Logistics organization and the information system”, The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol.2, No. 2, pp.22 – 29.
- Tang, J. P., & Li, L. L. (2014). Design of Logistics Management System Based on Workflow. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 667, 103–106. doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/amm.667.103